Thursday, April 28, 2016

A-Z Challenge Day 24

Posted Thursday April 28

Here are today's X words:-
Xenizating v. travelling as a stranger
Xenodocheionologist n. one who has a love of hotels
Xavier nom. male name meaning owner of a house





I know a chap called Xavier who is a total xenodocheionologistOdd fellow. He spends several months a year xenizating all over the country in a car towing a large trailer. Wherever he stays he gives a false name and address. He says he values his anonymity but I can't help thinking there is another reason. 

You should see his house. There are a couple of bathrooms stocked to the ceiling with pots of shampoo and shower gel, wall mounted hair dryers and beautiful soft towels. As for the three bedrooms, they each have luxurious dressing gowns, slippers, a kettle, heaps of coffee sachets and even a trouser press. One has a mini bar! There are televisions all over the place. If it was mine, I would never want to leave it. It’s as good as any hotel he’s ever stayed in.


.
You can check out my A-Z posts thus far  by clicking  on a highlighted letter!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

27 comments:

  1. Xenodocheionologist is a mouthful to say!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought one x was more than enough, you managed triple x, but nice story with an unexpected ( or should i say expected) twist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great story. Made me laugh early in the morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Keith- clever story and wonderful words ... mixing them altogether - great idea ... and oh oh his house - that I can imagine ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be x-hausted pilfering all that stuff! ;-)
    AJ at Ouch My Back Hurts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always take one little thing from hotels, like a pen or a little block of soap if it's got the name of the place on it. i have quite a collection from all around the world.

      Delete
  6. There's another couple of words I've never heard before (neither have the on-line Oxford Dictionaries, either, but I guess they're not complete).

    Great research. Unless, of course, you use those words in everyday conversation…

    Keith Channing A-Zing from http://keithkreates.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of my words are from a list I have of ones deleted from the OED. Not recommended for every day speak as you rightly say!

      Delete
  7. Great selection. Xavier is quite a character...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! Fourth Xavier I've found today--I'm keeping score. My husband is kind of like this guy, at least in terms of the soap, shampoo, and whatnot. He always collects these things every day he stays in a hotel and brings them all home. Storage is becoming problematic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There really is a word for everything, isn't there??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Xavier made me think of X-men. I didn't know the name had a meaning though.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither Patricia, but the n I guess all names originate from something.

      Delete
  11. That was very entertaining. Maybe some day Xavier will find a hotel in Xanadu.

    @Kathleen01930
    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha - great story, Keith. I'm guilty of collecting toiletries from hotels, but I've always drawn the line on other stuff!

    Susan A Eames from
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we are guilty of the shampoo and shower gel thing I'm sure! Glad you liked it Susan

      Delete
  13. I don't think I can pronounce any of those words except Xavier LOL, wouldn't mind being a xeni thingummyjig myself though. Liked the way you dealt with the most cross letter of the alphabet.

    Nilanjana.
    Ninja Minion, A-Z 2016
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Not the easiest this lot!Thanks Nilanjana.

      Delete
  14. I love to stay in nice hotels and think that traveling in style like this would be quite lovely... and it would teach you not to need so many possessions! Though it sounds like his home is quite lavish in it's own right.
    Josie
    from Josie's Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Josie, he has helped himself to a fair amount of stuff over the years!

      Delete