Wednesday, June 07, 2017

.

Post 1543. Wednesday June 7

Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers




 I  have waited long for this moment. 

You lie before me on a cold stone slab.

My knife is poised. I lower it, draw the silver blade slowly across your moist white skin and slice into your bulging bleeding veins.

My body quivers with excitement.

I  pour warm crimson liquid into a crystal glass and raise it skyward. It glows in the sunlight...

...then I break bread.

I am ready.



Melting Dolcelatte cheese, crumbling focaccia bread and a glass of ruby red Molino di Grace Chianti Classico 2004. 

There's  nothing like a picnic in the woods. 



For Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers where our photo prompt is by Pamela S Canepa.





13 comments:

  1. I am salivating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Keith! So chilling! Nothing like having a picnic with someone you have just killed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately the victim was just a lump of cheese! Thanks PJ

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of my sons when they are cutting into the baked brie for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a fine blend of the word-artist plus the food connoisseur in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! Being a chef helps I suppose!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Sorry about that Reena! At least it was only a chunk of cheese!

      Delete
  6. Oh, my...well written but very chilling!
    The Mine
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my kind of drink, personally.

    ReplyDelete