Sunday, May 28, 2017

.

Post 1535. Sunday May 28


Yesterday I returned from a visit to Scotland where I  stayed with my daughter and son in law in their beautiful stone cottage near Loch Lomond. The weather was exceptionally warm, but in order to employ this week’s words, I’ve pretended it was winter!




As I clambered up the slippery slope, sticks and stones snapped and crackled beneath my feet. Around me, grey granite glistened as sparkling water seeped from cracks and overlapping rocks and tumbled downward and into the watery blue mirror of the loch below. The season was cold, my breath white, but a blanket of contentment warmed me and eased my aching limbs. Heaven can wait. More pleasurable it surely cannot be.





  

The twelve given words at this week’s The Sunday Whirl are - snapped, crimped, limb, blue, breathe, season, cold, overlapping, seep, stones, crack and grass. I have used all but one.

.

23 comments:

  1. What a wonderful adventure - truth be told me and Alice prefer winter-scapes too.. far more energy than in this heat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not often like that Jae! Alice would be in her element.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! Yes! Heaven cAn wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely prose befitting a gorgeous image. I'm glad you got to visit loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Heaven can wait"... a stunning poem .. infused with love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your preaching to the converted here of course, but lovely and very true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is easy to imagine Scotland cold - it was very good at being that when we visited! Lovely, but definitely cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such lovely prose and description, Keith :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've created a world i want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Keith - so glad you had a happy time in the hot north - and this was a clever rendition - I'm just glad it's late spring time ... beautiful ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. I did indeed have a wonderful few days

      Delete
  10. Lovely prose. I've only been there in summer but the cold seasons have their own beauty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visit often and each season possesses a beauty of its own

      Delete
  11. You paint a beautiful picture with your words. The photo is a nice bonus! Scotland is one of the few places I'd love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. blanket of contentment warmed
    me and eased my aching limbs
    Heaven can wait.

    Aging gracefully is a privilege. Yes, Heaven can wait!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete