Wednesday, February 15, 2017

.

Post 1451. Wednesday February 15

Friday Fictioneers


He was a ‘gottle of geer’ type of ventriloquist. Vic-the-Vent would stand on the corner entertaining passers-by. They were more amused by his ineptitude than his jokes. I felt sorry for his dummy. Its name was Bert.

‘How are you today Gert?’  Vic once asked. That got a laugh!

‘I’ve been better’ said Bert.

His audience gasped in disbelief.

Don’t you mean you’ve ‘geen getter?’ shouted someone.

Bert's head spun round and his bulging eyes stared at the heckler. ’I've had enough of being mocked. I’m in charge now’ he yelled.

Nowadays, Bert speaks and Vic moves his mouth.

I hear they’re going on Britain's got Talent next season.






For Friday Fictioneers which is hosted by Rochelle. The photo is supplied by Liz Young. I've imagined the head in happier times!


.

28 comments:

  1. Sinister, definitely something about Ventriloquist's dummies that can be spooky. Is the photo the aftermath for Bert, or for Vic?! nice one Keith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think they became one! Cheeers Iain

      Delete
  2. Dear Keith,

    There've been a couple of Twilight Zones like this. Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    https://rochellewisoff.com/2017/02/15/17-february-2017/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling there would be which I why I went for a touch oh humour! Thanks Rochelle

      Delete
  3. That was not creepy at all! :) Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cerainly didn't intend it to be! Thanks Loré

      Delete
  4. I've always found dummies really creepy. This has not helped :-) Apart from Orville, of course, he's cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'I wish I could fly way up to the sky but I can't'

      Delete
  5. I've always been averse to vetriloquist's dummies. Those and clowns. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I've always dreaded the thought of having my hand up a dummy's back-side! Ugh! Thanks Liz

      Delete
  6. This does not help those with trust issues when it comes to clowns and dummies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Haha! Spooking folk was never my intention! Thanks Dawn

      Delete
  8. I'm rather slow maybe. I saw nothing sinister---just thought you were being funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not slow at all! I was indeed attempting to raise a smile or two. I saw nothing sinister either. Thanks Swallow

      Delete
  9. Hi Keith - certainly could be sinister ... but what a change as to who 'rules' ... fun story line ... I'm not that keen on ventriloquists or their dummies - but they are very clever ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until I read these comments I didn't realise dummies sometimes have the clown effect on people. I love them. Remember Archie Andrews on the radio many years ago?

      Delete
  10. bert is no dummy after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun and a bit creepy. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha.. I think that this could really happened... even dolls have feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least it won't be called Gritain's got talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha this was really funny - made me laugh out loud. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete