Saturday, May 07, 2016

FFftPP

Posted Saturday May 7

This is the first time I have visited FFftPP. 



Follow me to a new place, an unseen voice said. A place far away from the trials and tribulations of your past. Brush from your mind the memories that taunt you, the demons that haunt you. Bury them deep beneath the filthy soil on which you stand. Do you have a shovel I ask as I frantically scrabble with my bare hands until blood stains my fingers. No said the voice. I can only guide you. You must overcome the pain if you are to move on. Only then I will light your path. I finished, I followed, I smiled. I am renewed.




.

14 comments:

  1. this is wonderful- I am copying this to my oldest son who is finally facing his devil and banishing it from his life- it's a very hard struggle for him and I am proud that he is persistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathe, I'm humbled that you think my piece worthy. I can only hope it helps.

      Delete
  2. Hi Keith - that's inspirational .. and obviously Kathe feels it'll be worth it for her son. Yes every hurdle needs to be faced, got round, jumped over or avoided - but most definitely get past. Renewal does come .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does, just as long as one is prepared to make an effort. Thanks Hilary.

      Delete
  3. Interesting. Is he spiritually caught between two worlds or death and life? The digging sounds painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two worlds Amanda, he needs to become a reformed character. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. This is an amazingly beautiful tale, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Keith! This is beautifully told. I love the flow of it too, very stream of conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intense and entrancing, I love the images you used, and yes indeed that burying the past can indeed be a painful effort, but oh so very worth it! I saved myself from bloody fingers though, I packed up all that shit in boxes and stuck in the attic of my brain, that way I can pull a box down and play with it now and then as a reminder before reboxing it and storing it away!

    ReplyDelete