Sunday, January 31, 2016

.



Four months ago my daughter Penny and her husband Martin packed their bags and moved five hundred miles north to Scotland. I recently spent three days with them in and around their new home in the Trossachs National Park near Loch Lomond and not too far from Glencoe.

Any preconceived ideas I had about the country and its people were completely blown away helped partly by gale force winds! I was amazed as the beautiful landscape unfolded before me, and charmed by the hospitality I received everywhere we went. I took several hundred photos, and after spending many hours sorting through them, I have chosen those I feel best to represent my experience. You could be forgiven that thinking I have made the colours more intense. It was not necessary. I have never seen richer colours anywhere in the world.

         *Click on the pictures to enlarge them and vastly improve the quality










Penny and Martin indulged my love of whisky by arranging for me to take a tour of Glengoyne Distillery.







Yes, that bottle really is £2850!

...and then we were back on the road again!








I couldn't be there on Burns Night and not have Haggis tatties and neaps with a wee dram on the side. The pub we went to had shelves filled with dozens of  brands of malt whisky.




Fasten your seatbelt - we are off again!
























And so it's farewell and thank you to Penny and Martin. I'm looking forward to coming back in the Summer!




Six months later I returned. I looked so different in Summer.

























50 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place and I can see while they named one of our provinces Nova Scotia. The colours are astoundingly rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!Stunning views.The waterfall is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super beautiful. So nice. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set of photos I enjoyed those beautiful shots, i have been to Edinburgh in the 80's and loved it there.

    Have a scottishtastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photo journey. Your photos are so clear, it's like being there. We spent a week in Scotland and loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos - especially the landscapes - the colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I want to go! Gorgeous! Do they live in the city or in the countryside? What beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They live in a tiny cottage in a tiny village close to Loch Lonmond Teresa

      Delete
  8. Fantastic photos and breathtaking scenery. And your stops were nice too.

    R. Täysin arkista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! I watched an episode of Finding Bigfoot, it is a television show out here in the U.S and they were at the same places in Scotland. Your photos remind me of the scenes in the show. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen that show. glad you liked the photos Cascia

      Delete
  10. Lots of amazing pictures here Keith, great captures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely view of scotland!! Would love to visit the place one day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - such glorious photos! We will be in Edinburgh and then outside of Inverness this September! Cannot wait to be there- this will be our third trip there- our good friends have a croft near Inverness! Thanks for sharing these wonderful images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first trip, but it certainly won't be my last!

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful place

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keith, fabulous shots of Scotland! It would be so cool to visit this part of the world, but you'll not find me getting there by plane or ship. I'm too much of a scardy Cathy. So, it's really nice to see such places through the eye of the lens. That waterfall was totally awesome! I can't wait for your return trip to see what other fantastic photos you bring back. Have a fototastic week and please come by to link up with on Curious as a Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOw!! Love this series. So great that you were able to spend time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I have family there my trips will be regular!

      Delete
  16. What an awesome part of the world! Lovely photos. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The images of the Scottish countryside are gorgeous. And I'm definitely curious to sample the whiskies and edibles along that trip :). Definitely have to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How beautiful! I'd love to visit Scotland just to take photographs! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That settles it! I need to plan a trip to Scotland! I've always wanted to go, but now more so than ever. Such beautiful shots! :)

    WW: Scrappy Dinosaur

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning. Just stunning. What a beautiful place. And it has whiskey, so -- it's pretty much heaven on earth, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Scotland has such dramatic scenery. I lived there for many years outside of Glasgow and really enjoyed getting out and about exploring the country. Wonderful pictures - especially of the haggis, tatties and neaps. There's something I haven't had in a long time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's like a crisp walk through fall/winter. I love the neutral and vibrant colors of the season, it was as if I was trying to feel, taste and experience each moment of a beautiful Country. Great eye for color, texture and moment Keith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy. With countryside like that taking beautiful photos isn't difficult!

      Delete
  23. Amazing photos but my eye kept going back to that 35 year old bottle, I have had a 25 but nothing older than that. Did you get a wee sip then?

    ReplyDelete