Thursday, November 19, 2015

Me and my shadow

Friday Fictioneers. This week Rochelle has offered us a picture by fellow scribe C.E.Ayr







As I was walking down the avenue, the sun smiled at me. Trees bowed as I passed and birds tweeted twello. I waved at a flag and it waved back. A mannequin in a shop window raised his top hat. How polite I thought.

Unfortunately, I tripped on a worm that was dancing a merry jig, and my shoe flew off. I asked a passing gust of wind to pick it up, but it said blow that and kept going. How rude. My shadow offered to get it for me but sadly he slithered down a storm drain.

Do you think I’ll be able to replace him on Black Friday? 

.

16 comments:

  1. Very fun, whimsical feel to this. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful. With his bad luck so far, I'm thinking that he'll get no help getting his shadow back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful imagination! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee thanks Darla! This time I let it off its reins!

      Delete
  4. Your stories always make me laugh. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were dancing right into the magical dreamland on a sunbeam. It was great fun to visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the narrator is a little underweight.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Keith,

    I could see this as an animated feature. Cute.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute story, Keith. Children would love this. Poor shadow. Well done and creative. :D --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many mishaps.... Enjoyed! I don't think that Black Friday is going to have her answers.

    ReplyDelete