Thursday, March 19, 2015

My wish

My 100 words for this week's Friday Fictioneers


They are still there among the dead leaves, the coins I threw in the fountain all those years ago.

The passage of time has been unkind to the secret garden, and to me.

l take back the coins.

Look, they are old, soiled and worthless now.  But so am I.

What a fool I was to think my wish would come true. How stupid to wait all those years rather than move on.

I throw them back into the empty fountain.

Was that a splash I heard?

It’s a sign. I'll remake my wish and wait a little longer.



Picture: Rachel  Bjerke 


.

12 comments:

  1. Have faith in the wishes. Great little story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story. people would eagerly believe what they wanted to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great story. people would eagerly believe what they wanted to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about your fairytales...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It''s upon hope of which a dream floats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice story on hope !

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautifully concluded, perhaps i would have done the same, remade a wish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tempting isn't it? Coins in a fountain, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Keith,

    Some lessons are harder to learn than others, aren't they? Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was always told, "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride." Then, or course, we have the Arkansas version, "Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which one fills up the fastest." Good luck with the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow.. I think he could just as well continue to hope, but I guess it's just in vain (as wishes often are).. beautiful writing sir..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope he gets his wish and doesn't have to wait too much longer.

    ReplyDelete